Madness is Upon Us

I haven't been able to post on this blog due to picking up some additional duties at work recently.

I can't let the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament initiate without posting my bracket.

March Madness is Upon Us!


In my blog post from Jan. 25, I predicted that Virginia, Purdue, North Carolina, and Xavier would be our Final Four this year. I have to make a slight amendment to that prediction since UNC and Xavier are in the same bracket. Virginia, Purdue, North Carolina, and Michigan State will be our 2018 Final Four, with UVA beating Purdue in the final game, 66-65.

There are some problems with my selections:
Be careful about using my picks straight up, because I have never won a bracket challenge. Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News says Villanova, Arizona, Duke, and Michigan will make the last weekend, with Villanova beating Michigan for the title. DeCourcy and I both picked North Carolina to win last year, but we aren't even close this year.

It's a crap shoot people. You should still participate in your office. Tom Fornelli of CBSSports.com provides some decent tips on how to pick a decent bracket without an unnecessary expenditure of time.

When you do participate in a bracket pool -- for goodness sake -- fill out only one bracket only! So many people hedge their bets, and will enter three totally different brackets in a pool. How does that make any damn sense?

Each team gets one loss. There will be only one champion. You should get only one bracket.

You have a few hours to review your final selections. Make your one set of picks, and put your name on it. Here we go!

Comments

Popular Posts