Week 14 NFL Cheat Sheet...Loyal Reader Program Rewards A Hoosier

My wife told me months ago that I had to write this blog. It is not bringing me any fortune or fame, but it is definitely paying off in other ways.

I received a Facebook message this week from Richmond, Indiana native Brian Fisher. His organization had a suite at the Friday night Washington Capitals game versus the New York Rangers, and he wanted me to join him.

I played T-ball as an 8-year old with Brian and his identical twin brother, Brad [Yes, Eric Wilson, I remember you being on that team, too]. We were a pretty damn good team, by the way. Brian, Brad and I were on the Richmond High School cross country, wrestling, and track teams together, as well.

Connections and community built through sports...have I mentioned that before?

I am sure that Brian would not have sent me a note without this blog. He didn't specifically say it, but I bet Brian wanted to get in on the AHOTP Loyal Reader Reward Program. Of course, we at AHOTP hooked him up with all we can provide (my presence).

Rewarding our second ever Loyal Reader last night was an absolute honor for me. It was so great to see a former teammate from my hometown. He is doing extremely well personally and professionally, and I am glad he allowed me to spend time with him and his work team.

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Richmond, Indiana. That place and the people from there mean quite a bit to me. No fortune or fame, but this blog has already rewarded me quite a bit.

Decent seats last night living the suite life with Brian Fisher of Richmond, Indiana.

Minnesota Vikings vs. (+2.5) Carolina Panthers: This is a tough game to call, much like the Thursday night game between the New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons that I called incorrectly. These are two of the best defenses in the NFL with the Vikings rated 2nd and the Panthers ranked 6th. Carolina will likely be missing LB Shaq Thompson this weekend, and he normally covers the tight end. Minnesota's TE Kyle Rudolph is one of the more dangerous tight ends in the league, too. -- VIKINGS

Chicago Bears vs. (-6.5) Cincinnati Bengals: I was on the elevator at work with a lady that was wearing a Chicago Bears lanyard. I said, "I don't think your team is going to win this weekend." She said that she had given up hope on this season a long time ago and wasn't paying any attention. Sounds like good advice to me. -- BENGALS

Green Bay Packers vs. (+3.0) Cleveland Browns: Oh man, I am really tempted to pick Cleveland this weekend. The Browns actually have the 10th ranked defense in the NFL, and their rushing defense is ranked 6th. Green Bay is essentially starting a rookie QB in two-year man Brent Hundley, who only threw 10 passes last year, and they relied heavily on their run game last week. Joe Gilbert of Waitingfornextyear.com thinks Cleveland will win for the same reasons. What the heck...let's do this! -- BROWNS

San Francisco 49ers vs. (-2.5) Houston Texans: The Texans aren't quite in a freefall, but they are at least tumbling ass over tea kettle down a steep hill. The 49ers have won two of their last three, and got, Jimmy Garappalo, their "quarterback of the future," behind the center last week. I am not big on picking two-win teams to win on the road in December, but this feels like a safer pick than the Browns. -- 49ERS

Dallas Cowboys vs. (+3.5) New York Giants: I swear, all of these games look so different to me today. Earlier in the week, I would have picked the last two differently, and I would have definitely picked the Cowboys in this one...but, now I am wavering. Even with that, New York has to be in a state of flux after the firing of Ben McAdouche, and Dallas has had extra time to prep for this game. -- COWBOYS

Detroit Lions vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: This game is so even that Vegas doesn't have a point spread for it. Detroit QB Matthew Stafford has a banged up throwing hand -- may or may not play. I am not a big fan of the Buccaneers, but I am going to take them on the basis of them being at home...that's it. -- BUCCANEERS

And this is where I ran out of time. I have been working on the Saturday Morning Sowers Acres Sizzle and pulling down boxes of decorations.  Now we are only two hours away from getting super focused on the Army/Navy game. Quick picks below for the remaining games.

Oakland Raiders vs. (-4.0) Kansas City Chiefs: CHIEFS

Indianapolis Colts vs. (No Line) Buffalo Bills: BILLS

New York Jets vs. (+1.5) Denver Broncos: JETS

Tennessee Titans vs. (+3.0) Arizona Cardinals: TITANS

Washington Redskins vs. (-6.0) Los Angeles Chargers: CHARGERS

Seattle Seahawks vs. (-2.5) Jacksonville Jaguars: SEAHAWKS

Philadelphia Eagles vs. (-1.5) Los Angeles Rams: RAMS

Baltimore Ravens vs. (-4.5) Pittsburgh Steelers: STEELERS

New England Patriots vs. (+11.0) Miami Dolphins: PATRIOTS

Comments

  1. So close with the Browns pick. But then again, who could have predicted that Deshone Kizer's body would be possessed by a Pee-Wee league backup in overtime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts